The Podcast Show (“Show” or “Event”) is organised by AV Media & Events Ltd (“Organiser, We, Us or Our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07245820 and have our registered office at 303 The Pill Box, 115 Coventry Road, London E2 6GH. Our VAT number is 349712967.
The Podcast Show is held at 52 Upper St, London N1 0QH (the “Venue”).
Status of these Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate, and should be read in accordance with, the terms and conditions of the Show authorised ticket agent See Tickets (“Ticket Agent”) from which You purchased Your Pass. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant authorised ticket agent, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
2. All Passes are sold subject to these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to purchase and raise any queries with the Promoter prior to purchase. Purchase of any Pass constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions on Your behalf and on behalf of any person for whom You are purchasing Passes.
3. These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice and in our sole discretion. We will notify You of amendments to these terms and conditions by posting them to this website.
Passes, Times, Stage Session Entry, Refunds and Cancellation
4. Only delegates holding a valid Pass will be admitted to the Event. There are a limited number of Passes (and different types of Passes) available for the Event, and therefore purchase of Passes is strictly subject to availability.
5. You must retain this Pass on Your person at all times during the Event.
6. Your Pass may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced.
7. Upon purchase, please check Passes carefully as mistakes cannot always be rectified after purchase.
8. Passes are not issued on a sale or return basis and refunds will not be made on returned Passes unless provided for under these Terms and Conditions.
9. The Organiser will not be responsible for any Pass that is lost, stolen or destroyed. You are solely responsible for the safe-keeping of Your Pass. It is not always possible to issue duplicate Passes. If duplicates are issued, a reasonable administration fee may be charged.
10. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
11. Passes are barcoded and each barcode is unique and only allows one entry to the Event. Each ticket will be coded to ensure the relevant number of permitted entries only. Your Pass will also be exchanged on arrival at the Event with a unique badge and lanyard for identification.
12. Ownership or possession of a Pass does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on You to use, alter, copy, or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the Pass.
13. Passes are personal revocable licences and shall at all times remain the property of the Promoter and subject to these Terms and Conditions. You may not re-sell or transfer a Pass for commercial gain. If a Pass is re-sold, transferred or advertised for profit or commercial gain or used for competitions, promotions or hospitality packages by anyone other than the Promoter, or an authorised sub-agent, it will be void and You will be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Venue without refund.
14. Passes are sold subject to the Promoter's right to alter or vary the published Event programme which may result in changes to the performance line-up, playing times or any other aspect of the Event. The Promoter reserves all rights in this regard. Any published start and finish times of a performance at the Event are estimates only and are subject to change. The Promoter shall not be liable for any change of a published start or finish time.
15. All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. It is Your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that You arrive at the Venue in sufficient time in case the Event or stage session starts early or otherwise, and to ensure that You are able to stay until the close of the Event or performance should You wish to if it overruns. We will not be responsible to make any refund or meet the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or for any loss of enjoyment or other indirect loss as a result of an Event not running to the precise advertised times.
16. All Event stage session seats are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and entry is not guaranteed. It is Your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that You arrive at the specific stage area in sufficient time to queue for entry.
17. Passes cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the Event is cancelled, rescheduled or there has been a material change of the Event. A ‘material’ change is a change which, in our reasonable opinion, makes the Event materially different to the Event that purchasers of the Pass, taken generally, could reasonably expect. Changes to stage sessions times, featured talent shall not be considered a material alteration. A material alteration is judged, in our absolute discretion, by reference to the nature and billing of each Event. The Event is judged, in our absolute discretion, by reference to the overall theme rather than the individual talent scheduled to appear.
18. With regard to Covid-19, the Show will take place to the extent it is being promoted in the lead up to the event. With the development of the first two vaccines as well as the roll-out of government trials for mass testing and tracing, We are confident that a full capacity event can be achieved and that the programme will go ahead as is communicated. However, should future Covid-19 variants change the public health landscape, we reserve the right to change the format to meet any new government guidelines for a safe, socially distanced event.
19. If the Show is cancelled or postponed due to Covid-19 Your Pass is protected and will be automatically transferred to a date later in the year, or refunded should you not be able to attend.
20. Refunds should be obtained from the point of purchase, no later than 3 months after the Event.
21. Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an Event, or for material changes to an Event, will be limited to a refund as set out in these terms and conditions. The total refund for a Pass shall be the face value of the Pass purchased. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation in relation to the Event which have been arranged by You are made at Your own risk and neither the authorised ticket agent nor the Promoter will have any liability for any such loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure in addition to refunding the face value of the Pass. Where the cancellation takes place part-way through an Event, You may only be entitled to a refund of part of the face price which You paid for the Pass.
22. No refunds or compensation will be considered for any reason other than as set out in clause 17.
23. Please refer to terms and conditions of the See Tickets from which You purchased Your Pass for details of how to claim a refund. The point of sale may not make a refund if You fail to follow the instructions provided within the notified timeframes. Refunds will only be made to the person who purchased the Passes.
24. It is Your responsibility to check that the Event has not been cancelled, rescheduled or made the subject of a Material alteration. Information on such matters will be made available on behalf of the Promoter as soon as reasonably practicable on the Promoter’s and/or Venue’s website and/or at the Venue. Customers are advised that the website cannot always be updated immediately and that circumstances giving rise to cancellation, postponement or Material alterations can sometimes arise immediately prior to an Event.
25. Passes will not be refunded where they have been used to gain entry to the Event, or where You are able to and choose to attend a postponed Event.
26. Passes are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged.
Ticket Purchasing by Payment Plan
27. Passes for The Podcast Show can be bought using a Payment Plan that allows You to pay for tickets over two payments (each an “Instalment”). The Payment Plan is available to any delegate buying a Pass online between 15th February 2022 and 1st May 2022 until 23:59 (the “Eligibility Period”), subject to ticket availability. The first Instalment must be paid within the Eligibility Period. Full details of the Payment Plan can be viewed here.
28. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all Fair visitors, the Organiser reserves the right in its absolute discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit to the fair and to confiscate items which may be illegal, cause danger and/or disruption to the fair or other visitors, or are in breach of these Terms and Conditions and to refuse admission to the fair. Anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding these Terms and Conditions will face eviction from the Venue.
29. There is no bag drop facility at the Show. Large bags (including, but not limited to, suitcases, backpacks, folding bicycles, scooters) or any large items bigger than a handbag or laptop bag will not be permitted into the Fair. Space for coats in the cloakroom is extremely limited, and offered on a first come, first served basis. We request that where possible visitors keep their belongings with them.
30. Visitors must not bring any of the following items into the Venue: food, drink, glass, sharp items, laser pens, and the Organiser reserves the right to confiscate any such item(s) from any person entering or at the Venue.
31. Proof of age may be required for all Pass types. Please ensure You carry a valid photo ID with You that can be provided as proof of age on request. Failure to provide such ID may result in You being asked to stop consuming and purchasing alcohol and/or leave the Show. Staff will be exercising a blanket Challenge 25 policy.
32. The Organiser reserves the right to:
a. refuse admission to the Show to anyone who does not have a valid Pass (including those which appear to be counterfeit or which have been altered and/or defaced);
b. evict any person who is: breaching these Terms and Conditions; committing a criminal offence; behaving in a disorderly manner or in a way that has an adverse effect on public safety; behaving in an anti-social manner or in a way that causes a public nuisance; conducting themselves in a manner that is inappropriate to and/or compromises the safety and/or security of other visitors; conducting themselves in a manner that is offensive and/or disrespectful to staff; and/or under the influence of drugs and/or excessive alcohol; and
c. refuse alcohol to any visitor who, in the Organiser’s absolute discretion, is unreasonably intoxicated and/or is behaving in an unacceptable manner.
33. Use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited at the Show.
34. No animals are allowed at the Show, other than service animals.
35. Commercial, promotional and trading activities (including the sale or distribution of any items) are not permitted at the Show, in the gangways or anywhere else in or around the Venue without the prior written consent of the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to confiscate any such items for infringement of this condition.
36. All sound and moving or still picture rights including, without limitation, on the internet, vest exclusively with the Organiser and any material captured, filmed or recorded at the Show may only be used for the personal, non-profit making enjoyment of amateurs and not for commercial gain.
37. By entering the Show, You agree and consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as visitors attending the Show, and grant their permission to the Organiser, its affiliates and those authorised by it, to use such photographs, films and recordings (including any copies), and for Your image, likeness, mannerisms and/or voice to be included in any content from such filming, photographs and/or recording (and edited) without compensation and/or credit, which content may be communicated and/or exploited in any and all media worldwide in all perpetuity including for future marketing and promotional material for the Show; being photographed, filmed or recorded for television, radio, webcast, podcast and other public broadcast in any medium; and/or being recorded by onsite CCTV cameras and recordings for security purposes.
38. Delegates agree to adhere to any policies or restrictions relating to mobile phones and camera usage put in place by the Organiser and/or any Show exhibitors.
39. In the event of an emergency, Pass holders and all visitors to the Show must follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff, security and/or other officials.
40. Certain exhibits within the Show may contain flashing lights, strobe lights or neon lights which may cause discomfort or seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Please use caution and seek assistance if necessary.
41. All Pass holders must be 16 years or over. All persons under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a Pass holder 18 years or over. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission if its staff or agents are in any doubt whatsoever as to the age of the person being presented as being under 16. A maximum of 4 persons under 18 years old per person aged 18 or over will be allowed entry. For any queries please email email@example.com
42. Any delegate eligible for the £30 discounted Pass for 30’s and under (limited availability) must provide ID as proof of age on arrival, in conjunction with their Pass, in order to be granted entry into the Show.
Specific Requirements for Access
43. The Organiser takes the needs of customers who are disabled or who have other access requirements very seriously and actively encourages people of all abilities to attend the Event.
44. The Business Design Centre is a fully accessible venue. Full details of their accessibility measures are outlined on their website businessdesigncentre.co.uk
45. If You have access requirements for an Event please register Your requirements through firstname.lastname@example.org
46. You agree that the Organiser, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused (including by the Organiser or its servants or agents): (a) in any circumstances unless due to the negligence of the Organiser, its servants or agents; ; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the Organiser, its servants or agents); and/or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from the breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions.
47. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, "Force Majeure" means any cause beyond the Promoter's control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. The Organiser will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
48. You agree that the Organiser shall not be liable to You for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the Event and/or our obligations hereunder including, but not limited to, loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity, or loss of publicity or loss of reputation, or opportunity to enhance reputation, or loss of contract or other economic or consequential loss arising from the performance (or any failure to perform) these Terms and Conditions.
49. The Organiser will not have any liability to You whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the Event or any cancellation of the Event, including, without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the Event or the cancellation of the Event.
50. The Organiser shall not be liable for the acts or omissions of the operators of the Venues, for any personal injury suffered at a Venue (unless due to the act or omissions of the Organiser) or any loss, theft or damage to Your property at a Venue (unless due to the act or omissions of the Organiser).
51. To the fullest extent permissible in law, the Organiser shall be entitled to assign all and any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, provided that Your rights are not adversely affected.
52. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms and Conditions valid or enforceable.
53. If the Organiser delays or fails to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions it shall not mean that the Organiser has waived its right to do so.
54. Any person, other than the Organiser, who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
55. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and no action taken by You or the Organiser under these Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between You and the Promoter.
56. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between You and the Organiser relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
57. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
58. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.